Britiske Tom Odell debuterte med EP’en Songs From Another Love i fjor. I kjølvannet av denne utgivelsen mottok den unge singer/songwriteren BRITs’ Critics’ Choice Award, en høythengende utmerkelse tidligere vunnet av artister som Adele og Florence + the Machine. I slutten av juni kom endelig Tom Odells første fullengder: Long Way Down.
I anledning albumslipp har Tom Odell plukket ut ni av sine absolutte favorittalbum – her presentert for oss i WiMP:
Bob Dylan – Blood on the Tracks
- In my opinion, the best break up record ever made.
Ray LaMontagne – Trouble
- A beautiful album, Jolene being the stand out track for me.
Beach House – Teen Dream
- I was introduced to this album by a very inspiring friend of mine in Brighton. The melodies, the harmonies, the production all add to what is one of my favourite albums.
Arcade Fire – Funeral
- So inspired by the way Arcade Fire make albums. Funeral being my favourite. One of the best live acts I have ever seen.
Elvis Costello – Armed Forces
- Love his lyrics so much, its so english, and some of my favourite songs on this album, like ‘Accidents will happen’ and ‘Olivers army’.
Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
- My favourite album of last year, so insightful. Love it.
Neil Young – Harvest
- The most beautiful album ever.
Jeff Buckley – Grace
- Such a shame he didn’t get to make more albums, but perhaps that makes it all the more heart breaking when you hear it.
Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison
- My favourite live album. You can hear the energy in the room, it’s ecstatic.